The Green Button
MC PC World
AVS' MCE FAQ
MSFT HW List
Matt's MCE Wiki
||Tuesday, December 21, 2004
Indepth review of the Media Center Extender for XBox:
- Infrared Receiver for those without one on the Xbox (allows playback of DVDs)
- Easy setup
- Good video and audio streaming performance
- Allows you to control the MCE PC from afar
- Ok user interface response times
- No support for playback of non-Microsoft media formats
- Need to have DVD in drive to boot into MCX mode
- Needs MCE 2005 OS
7:24:54 PM 
You can now watch HBO/CGMS-A content on your extender!
This update enables MCX devices to remote CGMS-A protected content (HBO, Cinemax etc.). It also fixes some audio glitching and other quality related bugs.
2:19:38 PM 
© Copyright 2005 Matt Goyer.
I work at Microsoft in the eHome division on the Windows XP Media Center Edition team as a Program Manager.
The posts on this weblog are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights. The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in any way.
mail *at* mattgoyer.com
Please include a good subject line in your email! And I will read all emails but may not be able to respond to them all.