The Green Button
MC PC World
AVS' MCE FAQ
MSFT HW List
Matt's MCE Wiki
||Friday, December 03, 2004
Michael Creasy, Media Center Geek Dinner:
If you're interested in Media Center come join us for dinner at Crossroads in Bellevue next Thursday (the 9th) at 6pm.
I'll be there.
3:56:27 PM 
TweakMCE for Media Center 2005 is now available via the Winter Fun Pack.
- It will be available as a seperate download soon
- It is only for Media Center 2005 USA
- I was the program manager for this project.
- Thanks to Hugh and Dean for coding this up.
- Thanks to Michelle for helping me navigate the red tape to get it released.
- Thanks to Katrina for making the text understandable.
- Thanks to Gabe for getting this out the door.
So what can you change with the TweakMCE power toy?
- Show your wireless password when you are keying it in instead of hiding it
- Disable autorun of Interactual content
- Change the DVD notification timeout
- Change the skip forward interval
- Change the skip back interval
- Change the storage location for recorded TV
- Change the watched folders for recorded TV
- Change the length of time a notification appears before a recording starts
- Change reaction time compensation
- Change the more info panel timeout
- Change the seek bar timeouts
- Make the pivots in the music area sticky
- Turn off that annonying add to queue notification
- Reomte Control
- Enable a universal remote control by turning off debounce
- Set your remote control ID so you can have multiple MCEs in one room
- Turn off the TV skin
- Turn off network congestion dialogs
- Turn off IE warnings
Some of those settings could have entire blog posts written about them which I hope to do soon.
9:55:01 AM 
© Copyright 2005 Matt Goyer.
I work at Microsoft in the eHome division on the Windows XP Media Center Edition team as a Program Manager.
The posts on this weblog are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights. The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in any way.
mail *at* mattgoyer.com
Please include a good subject line in your email! And I will read all emails but may not be able to respond to them all.