Back at the end of June we headed to Manhattan for a long weekend to celebrate Ming’s 30th birthday. To keep things hip I cataloged our trip on Instagram, check out all my photos.
Not surprisingly, we had a great time :).
Some of the highlights:
- Renting a loft in Tribeca instead of staying in a hotel
- Joe’s Shanghai for dumplings. Rumor has it you should go in the afternoon, dinner is supposedly a zoo.
- Craft for a fancy dinner
- Grimaldi’s for pizza. Caution, we waited two hours in line!
- Clover Club for fancy cocktails in Brooklyn. Get the punch, it has the largest ice cube you’ve ever seen. But we did ask too many questions about their ice and got labeled “ice geeks”. And skip all the other bars in Park Slope.
- Pride, especially since they just passed gay marriage!
- Nobu Next Door for fancy sushi.
- the Standard‘s roof top: wow. This hotel is ridiculous. If you can’t get in at night, just go before 10pm. Awesome roof top deck. If you don’t bring your swim suit they have a vending machine.
- Highline Park: awesome urban park on the west-side. Ends in a beer garden. They should turn the viaduct into this.
- Weather Up: they brew up 600 pound blocks of ice that they carve into custom ice cubes.
- 10 am checkout! Poor planning on someone’s part :).
- The Bunker wanting $3,000 for a group of five guys to get a table. I shoulda ask if that included two bottles.
- Most other Meat Packing District clubs for not letting us in.
- PDT: To check out their spherical ice cubes
- Stay at the Standard
For some Manhattan porn check out this time lapse video: