I live beside a Ferrari and Maserati dealership; this is the view out my window:
So when Jeff mentioned that he had a voucher for free Omaha steaks if he test drove a Maserati we decided to have a small morale event. This week the two of us took an hour off work and took one of their new Quattroporte Automatic’s for a ride (this dealer gets 35 a year.) It was very Entourage with Jeff driving and me riding shotgun. Sadly the pre-defined route was through a school zone so I don’t think we ever got above second. However we did find out some trivia:
- The waiting list for a Ferrari here is 3-4 years
- You can’t test drive any of their Ferrari’s. But you can trade it in if you don’t like it
- There is an underground storage facility but it is very top secret. Apparently it houses A LOT of Ferraris for rich people whose garages are full
- Ferrari’s don’t really depreciate
- But you can get into an older one for $90k
- Jeff says all their prices are inflated but that makes sense in case they get a lotto winner walking in
- They’re considering opening a Bellevue location
- Most of their inventory is on Craigslist
How much longer until that IPO? Apparently with a 3-4 year waiting list we should reserve ours now. Turns out you don’t need to pay a deposit until four months before it ships.
The funny thing is that we took the bus back to the office. Ah, to dream.