Stuff to do:
- In the winter, ski (obviously). I also recommend backcountry skiing with Coast Mountain Guides.
- In the summer, mountain bike (obviously) or take the gondola and go hiking.
- Spa day at the Scandinave
- Crepe Montagne: best breakfast in Whistler
- Hot Buns: cheaper crepe place. Better for on the go.
- Mogul’s: on-the-go coffee shop.
Favorite après ski:
- Bearfoot Bistro: make it an experience to remember by asking to saber your bottle of champagne. For after dinner there is a -20c vodka tasting room.
- Sidecut at the Four Seasons: great steak dinner
- Hye’s: we would eat here until we discovered Sidecut
- Earl’s: Canadian chain
- Brewhouse: decent food
- Dubh Lin Gate: decent food, Irish pub atmosphere
- Sushi Village
- 21 Steps: wine bar and restaurant
- Quattro: Italian restaurant
- Keg: Canadian chain
Dance clubs: a safe bet is to ask your dinner server what is hot that night. If it is Saturday they’ll say they’re all hot :).
- Maxx Fish: smaller club, usually pretty good
- Buffalo Bill’s: for the late 20’s/30’s crowd
- Garf’s & Moe Joes: local favorite
- Tommy’s: where the 19 year olds go…
- The Mixx by Rick’s
- Cinnamon Bear in the Hilton
- Tapley’s: lots of TVs, darts…
Late night drunkfood:
- Zog’s, get the poutine
- Fat Tony’s Pizza